cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Group Features"-Function in NX10 with holes on the circumferential surface of a cylinder

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi! I have a question about the "Group Features"-Function in NX10. I have 3 identical STEP1HOLEs on the circumferential surface of a cylinder. I don't want to work with "Create Feature Process" but I want to create a feature-group to work with it in NX10. How does this work? I can't create a feature-group an I can't work with a single feature, I don't get it in CAM.

Thank you for your help.

Werner

3 REPLIES

Re: "Group Features"-Function in NX10 with holes on the circumferential surface of a cylin

Genius
Genius
Hello,
Any chance of an image and a little more information as to why you can't create a feature group?
Regards

Dave
NX10.0.3MP13
NX11.0.1
Production
TC10
Vericut 7.3,7.4.1,8.0.2

Re: "Group Features"-Function in NX10 with holes on the circumferential surface of a cylin

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hallo Werner,

You probably need to change your MCS definition. Each recognized feature has a local CSYS; the Z direction of that local CSYS determines the (primary) machining direction. Feature groups will only be created under an MCS if the +Z direction of the recognized feature matches the Tool Axis setting of the MCS. There are 2 different ways in which you can setup your MCS Tool Axis

• +Z of MCS (only feature groups with matching Z direction will be allowed)
  • All Axis (all machining directions will be allowed).

If your MCS Edit dialog doesn't show the Tool Axis, then you can assume that it is set to +Z of MCS (you can use Object -> Customize to add the Tool Axis to the dialog if needed).

mcs.jpg

We have just finished an enhancement that should give users some better messages in situations like this where Group Features is not able to create (additional) groups.

Tom van 't Erve

NX CAM Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Tom!

Great! It works.

Thanks a lot.

Werner

Learn online

Solution Information