Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

"mom_tool_axis_type" missing in new Drilling-Module

The "mom_tool_axis_type"-variable is missing in new drilling-operations. Why? In our PPs we use this variable. How should we deal with it?

6 REPLIES

Re: "mom_tool_axis_type" missing in new Drilling-Module

[ Edited ]

Hello.
In my posts I'm comparing if mom_tool_axis is the same for current, previous and next hole. I do this for each hole

I couldn't find any automatic way to determine:
- do all holes in operations have the same tool axis?
- do all of them are in +ZM direction?

I find it quite natural, because there is no such option in new hole making operations as "Tool Axis"

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.1
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

jobe wrote:

The "mom_tool_axis_type"-variable is missing in new drilling-operations. Why? In our PPs we use this variable. How should we deal with it?

What are you using this for in the post?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I'm not sure what's the real sense is. I think for detection whether the operation is a 5-Axis-Operation. 

Your documentation says:

0=None, 1=Fixed Vector, 2=Normal to Part, 3=Swarf Relative to Part Surface(+U), 4=Swarf Relative to Drive Surface(+V), 5=Swarf Relative to Part Surface(-U), 6=Swarf Relative to Drive Surface(-V), 7=Relative to Part Non-Perpendicular, 8=4-Axis Normal to Part, 9=Through or Away from a Point, 10=Towards Point, 11=Away from Line, 12=Towards Line, 13=Surface Ruling, 14=Fan, 15=Same, 16=Normal to Drive Surface, 17=Parallel to Part Surface, 18=Parallel to Drive Surface, 19=Relative to Drive Surface, 20=4-Axis Normal to Drive Surface, 21=4-Axis Relative to Part Surface, 22=4-Axis Relative to Drive Surface, 23=Same as Drive Path, 24=Relative to Vector, 25=Dual 4-Axis or Dual 4-Axis Relative to Part, 26=Dual 4-Axis Relative to Drive, 27=Interpolated Tool Axis, 28 = User Defined to Part, 29 = All

In your standard-post e.g. sim07_mill_5ax_sinumerik_mm you use it also in

proc DPP_GE_DETECT_5AXIS_TOOL_PATH {  } {
#=============================================================
# This proc is used to detect the if operation is 5 axis simultaneous milling operation.
# In this command, tool path type is detected by mom_operation_type, mom_tool_path_type and mom_tool_axis_type
# The result may not always match 5-axis simultaneous milling. It is more tolerance.

if { ![info exists mom_tool_axis_type] } {
     set mom_tool_axis_type 0
  }

Can I handle the same, that is, if the variable not exists, I can set in to 0?

[ Edited ]

Marek, what does that mean? Do you also miss the variable? Do you know how you should deal with it in new drilling operation if the variable doesn't exists?

The hole making drilling operation does not have tool_axis_type as a parameter, so it does not set the mom variable.

If you do not do multi-axis drilling, then if it is not defined you could set it to 0 locally as shown above. Then your current checking should work.

Otherwise, you may want to do a different check based on the operation type.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

[ Edited ]

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to say thank you. I just pasted this command into my post and it now works. The problem I had was GENERIC_MOTION also does not have this variable. I was trying to get away from using GOTO commands. Looks like the Generic Motion is fixed now. 

if { ![info exists mom_tool_axis_type] } {
set mom_tool_axis_type 0
}

Production: NX 11.0.1.11 MP2 Primarily CAM

Learn online

Solution Information