Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

recognizing two and more MCS for one part

Good day! I need to know the variable which is responsible for a name of MCS. It is commonplace when a programmer puts paths in different MCS and we need to detect it with an error while postprocessing. Truly appreciate your help!

7 REPLIES

Re: recognizing two and more MCS for one part

mom_main_mcs - is first parent MCS with "Main" Purpose.

But I mostly use: mom_mcsname_attach_opr(operation_name)  - which is direct parent mcs of named operation.

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.1
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Thanks! But I don't even know how to declare this variable. I tried following for "Start of path" but it was idle:

"global mom_mcsname_attach_opr(planar_mill)

MOM_output_literal $mom_mcsname_attach_opr(planar_mill)"

Could you please give me an example of your code for postbuilder? Also, I found a topic here concerning my question. May be it will help the others MCS

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex_T
‎07-15-2017 10:33 AM

global mom_mcsname_attach_opr mom_operation_name

MOM_output_literal $mom_mcsname_attach_opr($mom_operation_name)

Regular Tcl syntax where many tutorials are available on the net.

The review tool can shed more light on this.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Sorry, but I tried and it didn't work. The error is "can't read "mom_mcsname_attach_opr(PL2)": no such variable. ." Where "PL2" is the name of an output operation. Can it be possibble that NX6 doesn't support this variable?

Your best bet is to enable the review tool, since that will display the available variables of each event.

In addition variables are not available for the initial start of the process, so you will have to wait for the correct event until the variable can be used.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Those variables appeared in NX8.5 I think. I remember that I used them once - then had to reproduce them another way because the post was being used in NX7.5. I think I used cycle_objects call to create them for an earlier version.
NX10.03
Windows 7 Pro

Supposedly, it has place to be. So that, I should paraphrase the question to "how to determine mcs via postbuilder in NX 6"
P.S. Thanks everybody for patience!

Learn online

Solution Information