Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renameing while inside an operation

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Has there ever been any disscusion about being able to rename an operation while still being in an operation?

Like you can with a program

Just wondering

8 REPLIES

Re: renameing while inside an operation

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

For what purpose? I suspect that this would save you the time of having to close the operation dialog and then right-click renaming it afterward, but is there some other reason you would need this? Giving as much information as possible will help your cause in a possible enhancement.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just for time savings

Pioneer
Pioneer

hi,

I understand your question is renaming of operation while being verifying of tool path or generating of tool path.I just say I don't know but is there an idea.

If you want to rename of operation that while it is being verifing of tool path, do not do that. First of all let you batch processing and than rename all of operations after that just watch your simulation.

Note: I have not tried this.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Ther is a nice utility included in the ug open example folder to rename multiple operations that are selected on the Operation Navigator.  I use this once I have a set of operatons completed just the make it easier to understand later.

Take a look look at

C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11.0\UGOPEN\SampleNXOpenApplications\.NET\CAM\RenameOperationsOntSelection.vb

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace
Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello John,

I see and found the script you talk about and where it is.

I have something like this in Catia I use that renames all operations in a program I preselect / highlight.

Does this script do that? If so while in Operation Manager, how do I invoke the script to have it start renaming all my operations. I have looked and cannot find how.

Do I need to create a button/icon and link it to it? Maybe I do not have the right lic.

Thanks.

Legend
Legend

Check out NCmatic tool kit. It has advanced script to rename operations based on lots of ideas and other good tools for most shops.

https://ncmatic.com/toolkit/

Dennis Rathi
Creations Unlimited

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I couldn't agree more! Smiley Wink

Purpose of the Toolkit is doing things faster and in more automatic way in NX CAM.

Thanks,

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks I will look into this. Looks interesting.

I also found by reading a few other posts to run the .vb is thru Menu/tools/journal/play   or   Alt+F8

Thanks again.

Learn online

Solution Information