Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

save failed!

I have a problem saving and dont know how to remedie the problem without losing hours of work. this is what happened. First off my company has multiple seats of NX11.  I had to make changes to a part file, ie. fix some toolpathing issues. I saved the part file after making changes. I forgot to close the session of NX before I went home for the night. The next day another programmer opened up another session of the same part file on a different computer. Since I forgot to close  out of my session, none of my changes were loaded on the other programmers computer.  The part file then had a couple hours of work done to it, on the other programmers computer.  Then trying he tried to save and got the dreaded  "Save Failed" window saying "a newer version of the part is available since it was loaded in the session."   I  then closed my session and he traid saving again and got the same "save fail" window.   I need a way to save without losing hours of work. Another question i have is, Why doesn't NX notify you when another instance is being used? 

Any help would be great. Thanks!

6 REPLIES

Re: save failed!

Are you in native or managed mode?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Ah.. not sure. How do I tell?

Are your files in Teamcenter? Or just saved in windows folders? 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

They are saved in Windows folders.

As you say "I saved the part file after making changes" the other user SHOULD see your changes (assuming he is opening the file from the same shared location as you did).  *Maybe* you save the part again (after he opened it?)

And this ("a newer version of the part is available since it was loaded in the session") is one of  the problems in native that working in TC is meant to solve...

There has been some discussion about this error ("a newer version of the part is available since it was loaded in the session") over in the design forums, but (other than trying a "Save As" to another part, IF THEY ARE ABLE) there's not much you can do.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Are you using setup assemblies? If so, you can work on CAM, and the other user can work on the model, without issues. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information