Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

show thickness by colour after reflection analysis

Hello,

it is my first time writing on this forum so I would like take opportunity and say hallo to all forum Users.

I have a problem with Show thickness by color function in CAM module. Normally function works fine but if I use Reflection analysis on part, Show thickness by color starts to act weird. It doesn't show correct colors.

Restart doesn't help. I already checked that on NX11.0.0 and NX10.0.3.5MP9 with various parts.

I have also tried to delete reflection analysis in Edit object view window.

See pictures attached.

Probably it is my doing something wrong. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

Łukasz Serafin

6 REPLIES

Re: show thickness by colour after reflection analysis

I'm guessing this may be a bug - have you reported it to GTAC?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

These 2 commands use different rendering styles, but they should restore the previous style when you exit the command.

If the display looks wrong after exiting reflection analysis, go to the graphics backbround, right mouse click, Rendering Style, Shaded with Edges, and see if that takes care of it. 

Or if the display in Show Thickness by Color does not look right, go to the graphics backbround, right mouse click, Rendering Style, Face Analysis, and see if that fixes it.

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

I have tried your suggestion but it seems not to work. It still doesn't show IPW when going to show thickness by color.

I haven't reported it to GTAC.

Do you have any other ideas? 

Have you tried deleting the face analysis view from the part navigator or disabling it.

I think there is a race condition between the two.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I also thought that it might be the case but there is no sign of face analysis in non-timestamp order mode nor in timestamp order. See image attached. 

I started bouncing back and forth between Reflection Analysis and Show Thickness by Color, and I agree something is not being reset in the display. Please log a call with GTAC for this. 

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Learn online

Solution Information