Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

template_post.dat file paths

Phenom
Phenom

Looking at the OOTB template_post.dat file, all of the .tcl and .def (and .pui) files are in the same directory.  If I want to create sub folders within ...CAMresource\postprocessor, how would that be done?

Example, I want to create a subfolder for each postprocessor we use, so we can archive older versions within the subfolder, keeping the default postprocessor folder cleaner.

OOTB:

MILL_3_AXIS,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}mill3ax.tcl,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}mill3ax.def

Will this work?

MILL_3_AXIS,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}\3-axis_mill mill3ax.tcl,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}\3-axis_mill mill3ax.def

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
4 REPLIES

Re: template_post.dat file paths

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I would do it this way:

MILL_3_AXIS,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}3-axis_mill\mill3ax.tcl,${UGII_CAM_POST_DIR}3-axis_mill\mill3ax.def

It should be just one line, something is wrong with "code" field display

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Production: NX 11.0.2
Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

@Marek_Pawlus shows the correct syntax. 

You can see other examples if you look at the paths to ISV machine posts. For example, look at the .dat files in resource\library\machine\installed_machines\sim01_mill_3ax

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Note if you "source" in user tcl files - some old versions of NX required the folder as well.

I *believe* newer versions of PB look for the file in several places, starting with the folder of the tcl file.

But I'd have to look to be sure

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steemed than e-diseaseled

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello Dave,

Reading this post and your other one : Postprocessor file location

It seems you are already testing with subfolders in your postprocessor directory..

Please also read my response on the other thread, but all my assumptions there might be incorrect, based on what i read here now.

Regards,

Gerrit Koelewijn

Learn online

Solution Information