Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the legacy P2P drilling did not inherit the clearance plane setting from MCS

Genius
Genius

Hello 

I tried to postprocess the legacy P2P drilling, but it did not inherit the clearance plane setting from MCS.

So I was wondering which mom variable link to the MCS clearance plane value in the postbuilder.

NX12

PostBuilder 12

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: the legacy P2P drilling did not inherit the clearance plane setting from MCS

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
HiIt will inherit it correctly if clearance plane in MCS is defined manually, not as "Automatic".and it has nothing to do with postprocessor but how those drilling operation worked....as far as I remember
Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

Re: the legacy P2P drilling did not inherit the clearance plane setting from MCS

Genius
Genius

Hello Marek

Which option is for "Manual"?

I tried "Plane", didn't work.

Capture.JPG

THanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
yes. that is what I meant.

but Im not sure if you are aware about it: clearance plane in ptp drilling is applied only before first and after last hole. between each hole "Retract-To" parameter is used which is defined locally in the operation.

Marek Pawlus, NCmatic

Development: C#, Tcl/Tk, CSE

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

As Marek pointed out the Clearance Plane only works on the 1st and last hole.  However unless your post is customized the Retract-To distance will not work.  If this is a Fanuc control you may be able to use the Auto Retcto  This should give you a G98 / G99.  But that depends on the post.  One of the downfalls of the Legacy Point-to-Point operations. 

Have you tried Hole making?

John Joyce, Manufacturing Engineer,
Senior Aerospace

NX 11.0.2.7 Vericut 8.0.3 - Statements and opinions are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of my employer or any other member of the human race

Genius
Genius

I used a UDE to manually set the clearance plane in the MCS. All operations in the MCS group will inherit the clearance plane setting.

Learn online

Solution Information