cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the ploy programming

Pioneer
Pioneer
dear all who can tell me if the nx can support ploy programming, if it can do it, can you share some information for me thanks so much
14 REPLIES

Re: the ploy programming

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

PLOY - programming language? No, NX not support this language.

Please explain what you mean by "ploy programming". Is this NC programming? Or an API language?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanks your reply

i came from Siemens chian MC MTS (SINUMERIK department), i find 840Dsl support ploy programming, but don't  how to generate it, customer and enduser ask us, how to do it 

Pioneer
Pioneer

so sorry poly programming

Re: the poly programming

Pioneer
Pioneer

so sorry 

my ask poly programming

You can set Motion Output to Sinumerik Spline - is that what you are looking for?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Pioneer
Pioneer

i tested it before, but the type is still spline, maybe different type, end user feedback to us, powermill can support poly programming, and 840Dsl also can support poly, so my question is that nx can support it ?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As to my understanding a spline is a poly-line, so the spline output should give you the same output as poly-lines in other software.

I had a discussion with one of the Sinumerik controller developers and you will gain no performance improvement compared to regular G0, G1 and G2/3 programs with the Sinumerik compressor enabled in the controller.

In addition the Sinumerik controller even performs better when you do output G0 and G1, when it comes to switching between G0 and G1, since G0 allows to use a looser tolerance than G1.

So the recommendation was to spend the money on buying the compressor feature of the Sinumerik controller and to output regular G-code with G0/1/2/3 to get best performance.

This is based on using the Sinumerik 840D sl v4.5 or v4.7 controller software.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Pioneer
Pioneer

dear colleage 

thanks so much, i definitely understand your means, with the  Chinese market development ,there are more and more customer began to do high polish Surface workpiece, so the point to point distance is very very  small, even smaller 0.02mm,so the controller processing  speed is every challenge, so sorry introduce myself I come from (Siemens SLC MC MTS team (sinumerik department )) , so we want to try to how to increase speed, our controller can compress the programming, but it also  occupied resource, if the programming is spline, don't use compressor ,  we are doing experiment, (Surface quality and speed) , the community is so good, i am a nx hobby, thanks your support my colleague!

Learn online

Solution Information