Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

the process generateTool works to long

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have a problem with my CSE simulation when i make a update from NX10.0.1.4 to a higher mp.

With Version NX10.1.4 it works perfect.

When i make a update to NX10.0.3.5 the process generateTool(sNextToolName,sCarrierName) in my subprogram "toolchange" works very long and the simulation stops during this process.

Has anyone a idea where the problem comes from?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES

Re: the process generateTool works to long

I have seen this, when collision checking is turned on, if you turn collision checking off, does the problem still persist?

I would also try NX 10.0.3 MP11 to see if there has been something fixed in the meantime.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I also have tried a upgrade to 10.0.3 MP11 and without collision checking. The problem is the same.

Hello,

I would like to ask you to provide some test data through GTAC. So we can check that as best, we know some topics but without more details we can not give any hints or help.

Thanks

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Hello Thomas,

I think the problem comes from my tools. I try the simulation sample "sim09_turnmill_5ax_cam_simumerik_mm".

Version 10.0.3.5:

The original from NX-Installation works good. If i copy my tools in a pocket of the machine the simulation-performance slows down. Espesially when i mark a tool or the generate tool process.

I try the same file with V 10.0.1.4 and have no problems with the performance...

You can find the testfile in the attachment.

thanks for your effort.

Johannes Resch

ANGER-Machining

Learn online

Solution Information