Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tool machining data

Creator
Creator

hello,

what file contains information about "tool machining data"? i want to edit my tools and cutting conditions.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: tool machining data

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I think you are looking for the tool_machining_data.dat file located in the MACH-->resource-->library-->feeds_speeds-->ascii directory.

Capture17.JPG

Siemens Phenom

By the way, to edit this file through NX use the Edit Machining Data Libraries command and select the Tool Machining Data tab. Select Insert at the bottom of the dialog and choose the tool you want to create machining data for.

Capture18.JPG

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Are you working in "Native Mode" (Files are stored in the Windows File System) or in "Managed Mode" (Files are managed in Teamcenter)?

I can provide you information how to work with "Machining Data" in "Managed Mode".
You can store this data in MRL in Teamcenter...

Just let me know...

So long...

Markus
Highlighted

Creator
Creator

im having difficulty to build and define my own tool library, in comparison to other softwares i find it extremely inconvenient in NX . my friend sent me 3 files of his tool library (that he defined for himself) and told me where to put the, folderwise. the problem is that he works mainly in aluminium and i work with steel, so i have to edit everything. as i understand, the way to do it is by edit--tools--edit machine data libraries and then go to "tool machine data" tab and there should be the tool to edit. is that correct??

my goal is: i want to cut programing time by having standard tools already waiting for me defined (including feeds and speeds) when i switch to manufacturing. tools *AND* operations. for instance when i want to do adaptive milling, i open the operation, it will contain 0.3 mm offset and 10% sidestep , and when i choose 12mm endmill it will automatically fill in the feeds and speeds (different 10mm endmill for alu and steel) ,is that doable? should i edit or start from scratch? what is the easiest way? thanks for all kind helpers.

Dan.

Siemens Phenom

In your case I would suggest using the Machining Data tab rather than the Tool Machining Data tab. The difference is that the Speeds, Feeds, Step Down, and Step Over are automated based on the Tool Material, Cut Method, and Part Material filters chosen in the setup. Also, the values are for tool diameters and lengths rather than specific tools and the machining data can interpolate between diameters using the same Tool Material/Cut Method/Part Material filters rather than having to specify each possible diameter being used, so the initial work is less intensive.

In the case of the Tool Machining Data tab, I believe each individual tool must be chosen and values entered which takes more time. Also, the output is fixed and thus less dynamic for various workpiece materials and cutting strategies.

Here is the documentation you should review:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid1128418:index_mfggeneral:xid3...

Pioneer
Pioneer

ok

i created tool in tab "machining data" now i want it to come automatically when i do "file new" or start work on a new part. 

how do i bring it ?nx.jpg

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

There is a customer default to apply machining data automatically, see "Manufacturing => Operation => General => Machining Data => Automatically set in operation".

You can also temporary set this in the manufacturing preferences for testing purpose, see "Preferences => Manufacturing => Operation => Automatically set machining data".

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX12.0.2, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX (1876) | AWC 3.4 Preparing: -

Employees of the customers, together we are strong Smiley Wink
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Learn online

Solution Information