Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toolpath editing crash

Experimenter
Experimenter

does anyone else have issues deleting multiple sections of toolpath?

ex: i have spiking in my 5 axis tool path, i go to edit tool path, select range, and click what i want to delete, then i have to exit the edit function and reopen or NX will get stuck and crash if i try to delete multiple ranges one after another.

thanks in advance!  

toolpath edit.PNG

5 REPLIES

Re: toolpath editing crash

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes, that's been happening for years and years!

The best way (slooooooooow!) is to delete one move at a time.  Don't delete too many at once.  And save your file frequently!

You prabobly noticed that once you delete one small move, it highlights not the next move but the move before that.  So if I have lets say 30 little moves to delte, I would go to the last move to be deleted, call it #30 move and "delete".  Then the #29 move is highlighted, just click "delet" again, and so on and so on.  But doing one at a time works 95% of the time without crashing.

One other thing... now that we can LOCK tool paths, don't forget to lock yours after editing.  This way you will not regenerate it by mistake and loose all your editing.

Jerry

NX8.5

@johnnyb what version are you running? Have you reported this to GTAC?

Mark Rief
Retired Siemens

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi John,

I am interested in this case to understand the reason why these spikes are there from the first place and hopefully get it resolved. can you log the case in GTAC and let me know the IR #?

Thanks,

Eddy Finaro,

NX CAM Product Manager

Eddy Finaro
NX CAM Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Experimenter
Experimenter

i am running version 9.02

i have reported it to gtac, they said it was probably my drive surface or my part file.

i imported an IGS file to work from.

Experimenter
Experimenter

i have already contacted gtac, the ir number is 7250588 if you would like to look into it more. 

thanks for your help.

Learn online

Solution Information