Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

turning toolpath simplify

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello 

As we know If we generate toolpath in turning operation, the result toolpath always more "length" then typing manual program at cnc machine, my question is Could we get the result same as we typing at machine cnc but using cam program?

Do we need customize the post processor? or change motion output = machine cycle at machine control tab?

Thanks in advanced,

Nov

4 REPLIES

Re: turning toolpath simplify

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

you mean number of characters?

Or number of lines of code?

or length / time of cut?

You can use "Teach Mode" to get EVERY move to be EXACTLY what you want...And take ?? times longer to create the program.

Or even one "lathe control" operation, and just use "Insert" statements for everything, and have no associativity to the geometry.

Are you on a production line where every .01 seconds is important?

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

I mean is length of code. 

The purpose of this question is to make it simple for CNC operator to modify the NC code. We have several identical parts to do a turning with lot of variation of dimension and shape. So to make it faster changing we do manually without doing programming with cam software.

Hopefully is clear. thanks

Appreciate your help!

Legend
Legend

I am assuming that you would like to output TURNING CYCLES, e.g.in FANUC G70, G71 etc...right?

The reason you mentioned is to make it easier for CNC operator to modify the NC code for identical parts with dimension and shape. I call them family parts.

We all use CAM software primarily to make NC programming offline to have more utilization of costly machines and avoid mistakes of online programming. So instead of giving control to operators for any change in NC code, I would suggest to use template based approach so that it will take less time to generate the NC code compared with operator's time to change it. You also avoid machine idle time if operator is not changing in background while machine is running.

I think its possible to output cycles but believe there are limitations and needs customization in post builder, tcl code. I am not aware of functionalities introduced and available in post configurator for turning post processors.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Note if the design parts are part families, it is relatively easy to "Save as" the NC program part, then "substitute component" the design part, and MOST (if not all) of the CAM operations should update correctly.

If you start with PB using one of the "larger number" templates for Fanuc or (I think) some of the other controller templates, you can get OD/ID/Face roughing cycles.  I've always had to putz with them to make them work, but the basics are there.

Not sure about grooving.

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information