Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waved geometry out of date

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have a problem with waved geometrys/ linked bodys beeing out of date in NX11.

I use a part and an assembly and linked a curve of the part in the assembly. The part itself was set to Reference-Set "Empty" after linking the geometry, so that it part has no influence in the assembly. Till then everything is fine, but when I saved the parts, closed NX and open only the assembly, the linked curve is "out of date" in the tree.

When I open the "empty part" (where the linked curve is associated to), the linked curve is no longer out of date in the assembly.

What options can be set, to load the linked part in the assembly by opening the assembly?

I tried few things in the assembly load options, but I dont find a way to fix..

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES

Re: waved geometry out of date

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello only an idea, maybe don't suppress the original part file in the assembly but blank it only.

Suppressed geometry will not be loaded, that may cause the problem you have.

Thomas Schulz
Siemens PLM
Manufacturing Engineering Software

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your fast reply.

Sry, but I wasn´t exact enough:
I dont supress the part. I set the reference-set to "empty", so that it´s no longer considered

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Well, if the reference set is "empty", then the (original) curve will not be loaded, so the WAVE link will not update.

I would tend to NOT use the "empty" reference set to hide the component, but rather use layers to hide the original it(either assemble with layers = "original" or "as specified").  Put the WAVE link on a separate layer, then turn off the layers with component data.

Then set assembly load optons to (uncheck) "partial loading" and make sure "load parents" is set to "all levels"

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP16/TC11.2
I'd rather be e-steamed than e-diseaseled

Learn online

Solution Information