Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FEMAP API to automatically find and remove fillets/blends below a user input size

by Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom on ‎06-02-2014 02:28 PM - edited

I was talking with Andrew Jabola from Structual Design and Analysis, Inc. about the need for an automatic fillet/blend removal tool for FEMAP.  After our talk I coded up the attached API.  This also serves as a small example of API coding, I've tried to add enought comments to document what the API is doing.

Summary, this API let's you pick which solids to consider, automatically choosing a solid if it is the only one.  It prompts the users for a radius value.  Next, the API walks the surfaces on the selected solids, checking to see if they're considered a blend by Parasolid.  If they are, and their radius is equal to or below the user input value, they get added to a FEMAP API Set.  This set is then presented to the user in the Surface Selection dialog box, where you have the option to edit it or not, when OK is pressed, the selected surface are removed.

Ongoing:  feSurf.IsBlend also returns the blend type, in Parasolid, these can be 4002=cylinder, 4003=cone, 4004=sphere, 4005= torus, 4006=B-Surface, 4007=blend surface, 4009=swept,

4010=spun - there's a chance for specific parts that this API may have to be updated to not consider certain types of blends.

Please give this a try and let me know what you think.

Mark.