Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

CAD Window Size

Hello everyone

Every time I connect my CAD progam with Fibersim (which in my case is Creo Parametric 3.0), the CAD window size scales to a smaller size, making it difficult to visualize the ribbons and commands. Is there a particular reason this happens or is it by default? Is there a way that I can change the window scaling?

Sketch.png

Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: CAD Window Size

Hi Emma,

I have actually never seen that behavior before.  From your screenshot, it appears that Fibersim is maximized and Creo is shrunk to ~1/4 of the screen.  In fact it is intended to be the reverse, where Fibersim is overlayed on top of a maximized CAD window.  All I can think is it is something to do with your operating system.  Which version of Windows are you on?  Perhaps there is some OS setting that is causing one application to shrink when the other is maximized.

The one thing I would suggest is to avoid maximizing Fibersim.  The application is designed to take up a smaller portion of the screen and some forms actually look worse when maximized.  Another approach that many users take is to use two monitors and have Fibersim on the second monitor.  Screen real estate has always been a challenge.

[ Edited ]

Hello Nathan!

We use Windows 10. And yes, we do use 2 monitors, I'll check the OS settings to see if there's something that might help.

What I did notice, though, is that whenever I open Fibersim using the CAD application, I get the following message in Fibersim:

"file name"  + made foreground document .

Thank you!! Smiley Happy 

Hi Emma,

That actually sounds like something our development staff might want to look into as we don't have many customers on Windows 10.  Can you log an issue with GTAC?

Hi Nathan

All right, I'm on it.

Thank you!! Smiley Happy