Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Red mesh

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone

I recently added a new material to my Fibersim material database, and edited the ply material of the part that I am currently working on smoothly. But now that I run the producibility analysis, the resulting mesh is completely red, even in areas that do not show any kind of deformation (like wrinkles or bridging):

afdgaefdad.png

I already tried with different simulation parameters, but only the top deformation changes, the color stays the same. When I used the default materials, the mesh came out like this:

6413588546.pngI didn't modify any color parameters. Does anyone know why this happens? Is it critical if I leave it like that?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES

Re: Red mesh

I have not seen this before. What did you use for your warning and limit angles for your new material? If it is not proprietary, maybe you could post the material that you added. If it is proprietary, go through GTAC. It looks like the limit angle may be set to zero (which would make everything red).

Hi!

No, it's not, here's the info:

<Specification>BT250E-1/SM 3K</Specification>
<MaterialCode>030</MaterialCode>
<MaterialDescription>BT250E-1/SM 3K</MaterialDescription>
<MaterialForm>Woven</MaterialForm>
<WeaveAngle>90</WeaveAngle>
<BoltOrientation>Parallel</BoltOrientation>
<Warning>10</Warning>
<Limit>20</Limit>
<Thickness>.01</Thickness>
<CuredThickness>.0089</CuredThickness>
<Width>50</Width>
<ArealWeight>0.04198</ArealWeight>

[ Edited ]

Hi EmmaAlvarez, 

Thank you for accessing the Fibersim Forum, I hope that you have found it to be helpful in finding answers to your questions.

In some cases where we  need more indepth information or to see the data that you are working with we do suggest contacting GTAC  so we are able to interact with you Live in order to provide a quicker resolution to your workflow.

Please continue to reach out to us when you have questions you need answers to. 

We look forward to hearing from you, 

Julie 

Thank you Julianne

I just got an email from them. Thank you!!