Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rosette Mapping Style

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

I am trying to lay up an UD prepreg to a structure like this. The idea situation is to let the 0 direction go along the centerline of the circular part. I have tried standard mapping and found the result is not what I wanted. Does the translational mapping help?

Thanks very much.curve part for question.png

1 REPLY

Re: Rosette Mapping Style

I believe you can use a spine-based rosette for this purpose.  You'll need to sweep a surface along the centerline of the part to define the rosette, but I believe it will map to other surfaces.  If that doesn't work, you'll need to use multiple rosettes, in which case you have a couple options:

1. Translational rosettes defined along sections of the same swept surface passing through the centerline.
  2. Spine-based rosettes using multiple spines that run the length of the tool surface (e.g. one on the inside radius and one on the outside radius)

Once you've chosen an approach, pick the closest rosette to whichever ply origin you are currently defining. The specific ply layup you are using will dictate which rosette approach makes the most sense.  Hopefully you can just define a single spine along the centerline and skip the multiple-rosettes altogether.  Let us know which solution you end up going with!