Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add friends?

Legend
Legend

How do you add friends? I have a few on my list already , but I see no option to add people anywhere.

Glenn Balon
Production: NX 12.0.2 MP7 Primarily CAM
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Add friends?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @TechniCsNC,

I "think" this is a feature that now only exists in the "Private Message" section of the community......is that where you mean? I dont recall it being at any other level, and, I'm not really sure of it's purpose.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There used to be a button to add someone as a friend. Also there were many updates to the community since last year. May be this has changed during one of the update. @KatieKing, can confirm this.

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin
The feature doesn't exist only in the private messenger, but that is probably the only place you'll find the button. The button was removed from displaying on profile pages probably 2-3 months ago. It's basic in that it builds a simple list of favorite users so to be honest, it didn't seem to be very important to users. Was that an incorrect assumption?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@KatieKing wrote:
.... it didn't seem to be very important to users. Was that an incorrect assumption?

No, I don't think so......I think I used the tool a bit, but soon saw no relevance in it, and frankly, didn't even notice the removal.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP7] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Legend
Legend

I was just curious if it was moved. I remember using it a few times. 

Glenn Balon

Community Admin
@TechniCsNC so as someone who does use the friend functionality, can you explain a bit why you like it? Is it just to build out a reference list of people you contact the most?

Legend
Legend

If I found someones post to be very informative, I would add them to the list, and periodically check their profile to see their most recent posts. Sometimes I could learn from them. 

I do not believe there is a way to "follow" someone like on other sites, am I wrong?

Glenn Balon

Community Admin
@TechniCsNC thanks for sharing your perspective. I'll get the button re-added to profiles. There is not another way to follow someone.
Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there an ETA on when the button will be added back?  I was also using it as a way to "follow" people.  Thanks!

Try Solid Edge for free