Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find orgs in CF after activation

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi,

We are internal Siemens team who use S-developer package to develop Mind App. I was stuck in Cloud Foundry space issue for almost one week.

I following below steps successfully

• Step 1: Activate your Developer Account:

• Step 2: Set up a Two-Factor Authentication Method:

• Step 3: Your first Login to the HCP Cockpit:

but get stuck in "step 4 waiting for access", it said necessary roles will be got in next 24 hours, but I still can't find org/space after login CF.

Attached screenshot of in command line window

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Can't find orgs in CF after activation

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

HI @AndyZhang - your tenant admin needs to first assign you to an Org and give your OrgAdmin or OrgManager rights.  Do you know if he/she has done that yet?  Looks like you are following the steps posted here: https://developer.mindsphere.io/howto/howto-usermanagement/index.html but just in case check that out again.  I've also attached a step by step guide one of our other team put together that might help.  And I did make a few comments on this in a post I did the other day (see #3) here: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/General-Forum/Version-3-0-Getting-Started-Adding-use...

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Mbossom, thanks for clarify. I assume I should be the "tenant admin" because I'm the contact person when order MindSphere license. Am I right?

Could you let me know how to check whether the authorization has been provide correctly or not? Because I got fail when try to set myself as OrgManager, details as below

C:\Users\z003m5aj>cf set-org-role hao.zhang.zh@siemens.com sag-srec0 OrgManager
FAILED
Organization sag-srec0 not found

BTW, the ORG id as found in an email send by info@mindsphere.io

"Your ORG and TenantID for the Development System is sag-srec0"

Siemens Legend

HI @AndyZhang - I think I understand now.  The screenshot you sent initially is the new V3 Cloud Foundry CLI process, but your tenant is actually a V2 tenant, which is a completely separate environment.  I should have caught that initially when you referred to 2-factor authentication and HCP cockpit.  But your last note reference to your Org ID is from the V2 welcome letter.  So all of the links I provided you can ignore as those are specific to only V3.

Once you do activate your V2 developer account, you can go here: https://hcp-cockpit.apps.mindsphere.io.  Click on the link "MindSphere Developer Services login" below the sign in button, then enter your developer account and 2 factor, and that should work.  Let me know

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Mbossom I encountered the same problem, would you re-post the link for V2 tenant?the link you posted before expired. Thank you!

Siemens Legend

Hi @expandocean - V2 is no longer an active product and is not supported, so no links I can provide for that.  Do you have a new Version 3 / AWS / EU1 environment that you should use instead?

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Mbossom acctually, I am fresh to mindsphere and know nothing about its version.  Our group created some NX API and need to push them into mindsphere. I registered recently and try to figure out how to make it. the attachments are the capture picture of my command prompt and online page. 

The "ucmme" is the name of the whole group in University of Cincinnati, does there any relationship between the group name "ucmme" and ORG? I am currently a tenantAdmin of the group, but I was not yesterday. There are several guys in the group, it seems some assign me the Admin role.  

Experimenter
Experimenter

@AndyZhang  would you tell me how did you figure out the "No orgs" problems for V2 tenant? Thank you!

Siemens Legend

Hi @expandocean can you send me private message?  I can provide you the original tenant admin's email for this environment - the person who would be responsible for assigning you to an Org.  Sounds like they made you a tenant admin within the MindSphere/tenant environment, but not CF.