Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Siemens S7-400 with MindSphere

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, first of all sorry if this is a double post. Posted this earlier today but it seems to have went away.

My problem:

I'm having problem getting values in my datapoints in MindSphere. It seems that there is no connection between the PLC and MindConnect IoT2040.

From another post on the forum: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/General-Forum/Simatic-Manager-project-and-Iot2040-Co...

Im using the same PCS7 version as the original author.

One guy posted  quote " You don't need to add the gateway ( IOT2040 or MindConnect Nano) to the Simatic Manager Project. You only need to know the DB number, offsets and the datatypes of the variables you want to read from your controller. All the configuration is done on the gateway itself."

But this didn't yield any result on my end.

1. We've added a DB with a variable we want to read, put on a converter so we could get the right type(REAL).

2. Onboarded the MindConnect with the right network setting ( same subnet as the PLC)

3. MindConnect is Onboarded and online.

4. Created datasource with a single datapoint.

5. MindConnect goes offline.

Have searched the interweb far and wide for information and troubleshooting. But there isn't much information about the topic as far as we've found.

Have anyone encountered this problem and maybe can share a few tips or tricks on how to sort it?

Attached is DB, datasource and datapoint info if it can be to any help.

With best regards

Kenneth Larsen