Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Asset in MindSphere 3

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello,

how to delete entry of any type in Asset Manager (MindSphere 3.x)? There is only Add button.

20 REPLIES 20

Betreff: Delete Asset in MindSphere 3

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

I have the same problem.

And I can only add a Asset with a MindConnect-Nano. Theres no way to add a Asset for the MindConnect FB's.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

We're trying to find updates on timelines for both of these, (1) the delete button in the UI and (2) availability of S7-1500 FB (and IoT2040) connectivity to V3.  We will post here once we have more details.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi @Mbossom,

do you have a timeline for the MindSphere V3?

And is it possible to share this with us? If not can you send it to me per mail?

I work for the Presales support from the DF FA and this information can help me to answer some questions to our colleagues in the region.

Siemens Legend

Deleting assets should now be possible via the API and we've been told the Engineering team is working on the corresponding UI functionality now.  For IoT2040, we've been told it will be available for V3 in the April timeframe.  No updates on S7-1500 FB.

Siemens Creator

EDIT button will be also welcome Smiley Happy

Siemens Legend

Definitely agree on the edit button - I've already been through the process of starting my configuration from scratch because I cannot edit an aspect or asset type.  The request is with Engineering, we will advise as we hear more.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

is there any progress in this topic? 

Siemens Creator

Small one. There is Delete button, but works as Disable button. It means - Asset is renamed by server and is still listed in three and cannot be edited.

Delete/Edit functionality works only for Asset, not for Types and Aspects Smiley Surprised(

Legend
Legend

Hi @tomfronek, functionality to edit and/or remove an asset has been added to the UI in the meantime. Thanks for the reminder and sorry for not updating this thread earlier. It is as @vprheli mentioned you can basically disable them and only the tenant admin will be able to see them in the assetmanager.