Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: Delete Asset in MindSphere 3

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

After deleting Asset inside UI , now it is grey , not editable , but still there.

Will it disappear automatically?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi @StePau that is currently expected behavior and would only be seen by tenant admins.  Future functionality should allow admins to fully delete those through the UI, but we are waiting to hear when this will be available.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @Mbossom, i just started using MindSphere V3.0 and tried to onboard a MindConnect Nano.
Due to some problems i decided to delete the asset and configure a new one.
The deletion of the asset "worked" as described by @StePau but now i can not create a new asset for my Nano because the ID is already taken by my "deleted" asset.
Do you or somebody else know what to do that i at least can use my Nano again? It is pretty useless now...

As far as i understood it should be possible to completely delete an asset via the API, but i have no API access within my IoT Value Plan.

I hope someone is able to help.
Have a nice weekend!

Siemens Legend

Hello @fruschikante - did you "off board" the agent before deleting your asset or did you simply click delete? 

I need to confirm a couple other things with the new UI/process.  Let me do that early next week and get back to you.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @Mbossom, my Nano was never properly onboarded in the first place.
I was/am in contact with GTAC in the meanwhile.

They mentioned following workaround:

-create new core.mcnano Asset with "random" UID, configure, download .cfg file.
-rename .cfg file, replacing own UID with correct device UID
-edit .cfg content, replacing own UID with correct device UID

-load new config

This should allow my Nano to onboard again. But it didn´t work for me.

L0 led green, L1 led flashes orange. (Connection to MindSphere, but not onboarded (source: mcnano getting started led troubleshoot))

Siemens Legend

Hi @fruschikante - I am also part of the GTAC team and saw that ticket you are referring to.  I'll let the person working that ticket respond with next steps and can follow up with him separately, as I was working with another customer yesterday on the same process.  We'll try to get this resolved for you soon.

Thanks.

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi 

Siemens Legend

Hello @NunoSousa - the right way to do this is to offboard the agent/unique ID and then delete the asset.  When you delete the asset it will have a number appended to the end and you can filter that out of the UI (using the new filter icon to the right of the asset search box).  If this doesn't work for you then I would suggest opening a support ticket.

For variables within an aspect, once they are created they cannot be edited or deleted.  The underlying API service does not yet support - so the only work around is to delete the entire aspect and start over.  We hope to see this change in the future.  

Mike

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hello @Mbossom,
I can see the removed Assets as you described. One issue is that I can not remove the Asset Type and Aspects because this parameters are used by the delete Asset/intance. How can I solve this problem?

Siemens Legend

Hi All - as follow up to this thread, in case you have not yet seen/read, last week's MindSphere V3 update has now enabled full deletion of all assets, asset types, and aspects.  There were some lingering issues but those were resolved last week.  Please test this out and let us know if you experience any issues.

For @NunoSousa@vprheli@fruschikante@StePau who commented previously, and had run into these past issues, let us know if your environment is now working as you'd expect.