Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Steps...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good night!

Please, I'm new at the Forum...

I would like to know the first steps to make an app for Mindsphere, the SDK, language, environment, etc...

Thanks!

10 REPLIES

Re: First Steps...

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tamadrum, welcome to the MindSphere Community.

To get started with MindSphere and to start develop an application, the first step would be to obtain an MindAccess Developer account. The MindAccess Developer is the entry to MindSphere and gives you the ability, tools and documentation you need to get started. You can choose between three kind of access level (S, M, L) which come with different settings and features. 

Tabelle

After you have chosen and obtained a MindAccess Developer, you will receive full details and access to all developer documentation and the MindConnect Lib software.

The MindConnect LIB provides connectivity functions to enable communication between "Custom Agent" and MindSphere. The MindConnect LIB can be integrated into a custom agent which connects and transfers data to MindSphere. This library is developed in C programming language. For reasons of security, the connection to MindSphere uses SSL/TLS.

You can find some further information on the below links, note though, that most of the actual documentation is restricted to MindAccess Developer.

You can find the Developer Guidelines and rules for developing an application on MindSphere here: https://legal.apps.mindsphere.io/legal/documents/documentsEN/MindConnect_Lib_Dev_Guidelines_Exp_en.p...

Where to find more information on the MindAccess Developer? 

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109739229/sales-and-delivery-release-for-mindsphere...

Hope this helps to lead you into the right direction. If you have any additional question or comments, just let us know.

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks! I will study! :-)

--
Ettore Luglio
(11) 982447698

Experimenter
Experimenter

So... I coudn't begin study without paying? :-(

Someone could give al least the manual of the API?

thanks

Community Manager
Yes, that's correct for the moment. We know it's not an ideal situation and we hope we can make it available to you upfront in the future. A little bit more patience in this regard is required though. :-)

Experimenter
Experimenter

I also have the same question,If it have some study materials,I want to learn first to find out if MindSphere is really suitable for us.

Community Manager
Hi @hiarthas, I can totally understand the situation and we are planning towards providing a lot more information upfront and make MindSphere and our dialogue as open as possible. However, this is a while away since we are still a young product and a couple other items are on the priority list first.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey,

we just received our license and i wanted to ask if there exist any starter guides for app development with sample codes?

Community Manager
You should have received a welcome email that includes links to the documentation and also includes an attached zip file with the API reference document, which is a huge collection of the APIs. Have you got that?

Experimenter
Experimenter

It seems like we did not receive that email