Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Links between Aspects and Datapoints lost

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi ;
My links between Aspects and Datapoints get lost every time I log off MindSphere.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Links between Aspects and Datapoints lost

Siemens Creator

Are you probably manipulating the data source or data points somehow, e.g. by sending them through the MindConnect API? Mappings (these links) are deleted whenever the data source changes in any way. It may appear that it gets lost upon log off. I guess that the web client is cashing them and you won't recognize when they're gone until you log off / log on again.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have got the same problem using the FB1500 in TIA V15.
When i create the datapoint mappings, i can see incoming data for some seconds, then there is no more incoming data and my datapoint mapping inside asset manager has been reset.
I see no reason why and when my data source changes?
it gets periodically send by the FB, but it should always be the same...

do you have any tips or ideas on how i can investigate this further?

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello @fruschikante - I agree that when you resend the data model via the FB it shouldn't change, but we could rule that out by checking when your datamaps get deleted.  How often do you have that set to resend?  And when did this start - in the last couple days or longer?  

@jvrm is your still issue still happening?

If either of you have tickets open I can take a look there (and if not we probably should get them open for these issues)

Siemens Creator

Hi all ;

Right now I understand better the sitation: Datamapping disapears if you delete or add datapoints (that is a thing I don't like, so you can't add datapoints to your digital twin). But they disapears too when you changes the time cycle for adquisition. This last makes a fool of me. I haven't changed any datapoint! Is all the same configuration!

Thanks your all your helpful answers.

Experimenter
Experimenter

@Mbossom

Unfortunately i had no time to check this earlier than today.

But it seems to be working flawlessly at the moment. It runs and recieves data for the last 4 hours straight. I did not change anything tho. Neither the PLC program, nor any configuration inside the asset manager.

@all
FYI: This is the response i got from GTAC regarding this behavior. It might be helpful for some.

GTAC wrote

The data mapping itself will be deleted if you change the configuration of your asset in the asset manager afterwards.
That means in detail, currently a user has to recreate the data mapping everytime after calling one of the Asset Managment API's POST, PUT or DELETE endpoints.
(see developer documentaton: https://developer.mindsphere.io/apis/api-advanced-assetmanagement/index.html)

In future releases this behaviour will be changed so that the change of the asset configuration will not directly influence the data point mapping.