Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing User Rights

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

The users "User" and "Customer" have quite limited rights in the IOT Data Modeller. Is there a way to customise these either in the IOT Data Modeller or with the User Manager API?

Data Solutions Engineer
Siemens UK DF&PD Data Services
3 REPLIES

Re: Managing User Rights

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

@CallumMack there is currently not a way to change user/consumer rights in the IOT data modeler and I don't believe through the user manager API either (but I will check).  One of the primary reasons for this is that changing asset details can have an impact on tenant billing/costs, so we want to restrict that to admins (you'll note in the documents that even advanced users are restricted to aspects that are not MSU relevant). 

Is there a specific functionality you were trying to do with the user/consumer or use case you were looking at that needs this capability? 

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Cheers for the response @Mbossom

A customer (T1) didn't want to give full admin rights to one of their end customers (T2) for the end customer to onboard an asset and add data tags/ variables. The customer was wanting differing levels of customer access and user access as the giving everyone one admin access who just wanted needed to onboard an asset/ add new variables was of concern.
Data Solutions Engineer
Siemens UK DF&PD Data Services

Experimenter
Experimenter

I also raised this topic today in Suggestions and Feedback.

For us, it is mainly enabling users to onboard their MindConnect devices and managing an Admin accounts visbility of other areas within a tenant that would be of most use to us.

I understand that the ability to include Aspects would have implications, due to the MSU usage, but could there be a verification stage that the Admin would use to observe these changes?