cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MindConnectNano: Only Datatype Bool in the DropDown menu

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello together,

A few days ago, I created a new Asset in my MindSphere. I use the MindConnectNano for the Connection to the MindSphere. After I created a new Aspect with the OPC-UA protocol, I have some problems with the nodeIds. At first I insert the name of the variable and the nodeId. The next step is choosing the Datatype of the Variable. In the Tia-Portal the Variable is defined as an "Int", so in my opinion I have to choose "Float" as Datatype in the MindSphere Interface. But the only option I can see was "Bool". You can see it in the Picture below.

Config Bool.jpg

To solve this Problem, I created a ticket at the Online Support and here is the Solution/Workaround.

The Problem is the name of my Variable/nodeId.

nodeId:ns=3;s="MotorData"."motorData1I2T"

I have to change the Name of my Variable. The letter "I" in the front of a number creates the Problems. So when I delete the "I" and change the name of the  Variable to "motorData1_2T" everything is fine. There is no different if you use "I" or "i", the problem is always the same. It isn't the best way, because the I2T is an important value from a motor, but there is no other way to solve this problem at the moment.

The Online Support sends this issue to the MindSphere colleague, but we haven't got an answer yet. I will inform you when we get an answer.

See you,

Steffen1

2 REPLIES

Re: MindConnectNano: Only Datatype Bool in the DropDown menu

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing!

Betreff: MindConnectNano: Only Datatype Bool in the DropDown menu

Experimenter
Experimenter

The Problem also occurs, when you use the following combinations in the front of a number:

I

IW

Q

QW

M

MW