Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

MindSphere V3 - Nano and IoT2040 onboarding process

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi All - we are currently editing the official user documentation (https://documentation.mindsphere.io) to include updated V3 MindConnect Nano and IoT2040 onboarding procedures.  But until this is complete, and due to the number of questions we've seen here and in Support tickets, we wanted to post a few more details about how this works in the new V3 user interface.  Attached is a short PDF that summarizes the general process, a high level diagram of V3 MindSphere Nano and IoT2040 (from the PLC to Fleet Manager), and screenshots of each step required.  If you're running into any issues take a look and this should help clear it up - and if you have additional questions let us know.

EDIT, April 22, 2018: See below for updated PDF document with new user interface screenshots.

Thanks.      

4 REPLIES 4

Re: MindSphere V3 - Nano onboarding process

Siemens Legend

Quick update after the V3 platform updates last week.  The UI screenshots shown in this example have now changed.  The concepts are very similar, but the execution will vary now with the new Asset Management UI released last week.  I am not going to update this version but keep that in mind if you review.  We should also have the official full on boarding guide posted to the user documentation site soon.  I will update here again when that is available.

Thanks.

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Thank you very much for your .pdf! It saved me some headaches.

But I need some extended information. As your example, you have 10 botting lines, and it seems to me you have used one Nano asset for every line.

I have a similar situation, but only one Nano to collect all data. Right now I am about to onboard it, but with your documentation I discovered I need to redo all my configuration. I would like to do it fine and not change configuration again, so I have now two cuestions:

1. do I need to load 10 Aspet types in my Asset model or is it to create 10 Assets with one Aspect?

2. In case I want diferent graphics with the same data, is is possible to associate the same data poitn with more than one Aspect? Lets say, as per your example, 3 of the bottling lines are twins and you want to see the line in one Asset and the comparatios of three lines as other Asset (like seeing diferences of presure or temperature in the same graphic)

Thank you for your orientation.

Siemens Legend

Hi @jvrm - some feedback on your questions:

1. Sounds like you would want to create 10 assets based on the 1 aspect type.  That's the benefit now of an aspect type is that you can define it once and then apply to to as many assets as needed.

2. Pretty sure this is possible through data mapping.  I've not tested it out myself, but you should be able to map one input (say one data point from your nano box physical agent) to more than one virtual asset.

Your comment about redoing all of the configuration is valid - right now we need to make sure all aspects/asset types and the nano agent match in the first step...if you need to go back we currently do not have editing capability through the UI and the data mapping gets reset for all variables.  I've been told that Engineering is working on both.

Siemens Legend

Hello All,

Document is now updated with the new user interface examples.  If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks