Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to access MindApp API using Postman

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am trying to access MindApp (any application deployed on mindsphere platform) API using Postman from my desktop, but am getting below error/response. 

{
"error": "insufficient_scope",
"error_description": "Insufficient scope for this resource",
"scope": "uaa.admin uaa.user"
}

Mind App API URL: https://{tenant}-{appName}-atosede.eu1.mindsphere.io/{end point}/{mapping url} 

I have used technical user credential to get authorization token and then used that authorization token in header of Postman request.

However I am able to access Mindsphere NB APIs through Postman (from my desktop) using technical user credentials and authorization token.

is anyone have tried this?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Not able to access MindApp API using Postman

Genius
Genius

Hi @BharatD,

Just making sure I understand what you are asking, are you trying to call an API from a CF application which you pushed?

If so, I don't think the technical user has access to make the call to your CF apps as it has its own scopes & roles.

As a temporary test, you may create another app with access to the CF app you already have and print out the auth token. Then try and call from postman with that token.

Creator
Creator

Hi @Rex_Chen,

I tried to access custom API using access tocken in postman but this is also not working.

Getting below error...

"Authorization header should not be present for web requests"

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

@BharatD :- this error occurred when both postman interceptor is in ON state and request header has also Authorization key which leads to duplicate authorization requests and return response with error. Remove either one of them.

@Rex_Chen I tried calling MindApp API by passing Authroization header with correct user bearer token(retrieved from app logs) and getting below error response. 

{
"error": "insufficient_scope",
"error_description": "Insufficient scope for this resource",
"scope": "uaa.admin uaa.user"
}

When interceptor is ON and remove explicit authorization header key, getting correct response from MindApp API.

Please through some light on insufficient scope error, reason being unable to find uaa.admin role/scope in Settings and Authorization management in MindSphere platform.