Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the MindSphere Data type &Structure information mechanism

Experimenter
Experimenter

To Whom it May Concerns

Dear Experts,

1. About the MindSphere Data(Variable) information, right now one variable will include: Name, Unit, Address, and Data Type. 4 parts in total to consitute one complete data information. My puzzle is why the "Comments" for the variable is not included? Because for the DCS&PLC, one variable will always have the comments. And no matter what industrial automation software of different suppliers, they have the similar data/variable structure. I want to know what the main consideration for this of MindSphere.  pls refer to the picture.

Data_Information.JPG

2. It seems every kind of data will become or save as "Float" type at MindSphere no matter it originally is BOOL or INT or Float if the Agent is MindConnect Lib? 

DataType_All are float.JPG

3. Finally, only Siemens PLC will give the detailed Address to the variables, so whether it means PLC&DCS of other suppliers cannot access to MindSphere right now. Because as for OPC UA, the user also need to definite the address for the variables.

DataType4 OPCUA.JPG

The above questions is based on MindSphere V2. So I am not sure whether there exist some changes now for V3.

Best Regards 

Magica

1 REPLY 1

Re: Questions about the MindSphere Data type &Structure information mechanism

Experimenter
Experimenter

Any experts can give me some information?