Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simatic Manager project and Iot2040/Connect Nano

Creator
Creator

Hello dear community,

could you give any tips or links to an example of how to integrate the gateway into a Simatic Manager project, S7 5.5 SP2 ? (PSC7) 

I saw some videos with TiA Portal but did not find any for the old software.
As I understood it is needed to introduce the device in the project.  

thank you in advance

Best regards

Igor

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Simatic Manager project and Iot2040/Connect Nano

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Igor008,

you don't need to add the gateway ( IOT2040 or MindConnect Nano) to the Simatic Manager Project. You only need to know the DB number, offsets and the datatypes of the variables you want to read from your controller. All the configuration is done on the gateway itself.

I shouldn't matter that the project is done with Simatic Manager instead of TIA Portal.

Best regards,

Benedikt Miller

Founder of codestryke - For Custom MindSphere Apps, Support & Consulting feel free to email me bm@codestryke.com

Creator
Creator

Thank you so much for the clarification. 

Creator
Creator
Hello dear Mr. Miller

Could you suggest (from your experience) which OPC server or a gateway is more compatible with  Simatic 300/400 (PCS7 8.1 /Step7 V5.5) and could be connected lightly?  
I would like to use the one which is the most adjustable and can be easily connected to the PLC and the project. (I mean not to have trouble with OPC/S7 communication between the PLC and a server as well as  var reading from the PLC ) Also, security between the gateway and the could is quite sensitive. 
Thank you in advance
Best regards
Igor Albert

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Igor008,

the easiest way to connect the S7-300/400 to MindSphere is the MindConnect Iot2040 (or MindConnect Nano). But you can't change the gateways software, you can only configure which PLC variables you want to send to MindSphere (and from which PLC you want to read them). The security between the Gateway and MindSphere is ensured by HTTPS and device authentication, which are both mandatory/enforced to connect to MindSphere.

Best regards,

Benedikt Miller

Founder of codestryke - For Custom MindSphere Apps, Support & Consulting feel free to email me bm@codestryke.com

Creator
Creator

thank you