Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with resetting mindconnect iot2040 to factory settings

Experimenter
Experimenter

Good day, I am trying to reset the mindconnect iot2040 to factory settings using this guide: https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/109745562/mindconnect-iot2040-%E2%80%93-firmware-an...

"

1. Create a “ConBox_Commands.json” file (e.g. with Notepad)

2. Put it on a USB stick and plug the stick in the MindConnect

3. The MindConnect will be restarted automatically

"

Already here I have a problem, the Mindconnect won't restart or there isn't any indictation of anything happening. I give it a good 10minutes before trying something else. There isn't much you can do wrong here so I can't understand why it won't work. The USB disk has a Fat32 filesystem. 

How much time does it usually take before the mindconnect starts to execute the file?

Attached is a side by side comparison of the .json file

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trouble with resetting mindconnect iot2040 to factory settings

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It seems to me that the usb key is not being recognized. Try to use a smaller stick with FAT 32 and also verify that the file is not eventually named ConBox_Commands.json.txt bei accident as you are opening it in notepad on your screenshot.

Re: Trouble with resetting mindconnect iot2040 to factory settings

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello and thanks for the answer, I tried everything you said and still there where no indication of the mindconnect iot2040 executing anything. Went to a local Siemens office and sat there for a good hour with a technician. It turned out that the hardware where defective. Got a replacement and now it works as it is supposed to.