Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which cases MindConnect Lib cannot support

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone,

I have been involved into MindSphere for a few months. And during the past days, I have been uploading the PLC data to MindSphere Via MCL. So far, I found some problems that maybe have something wrong with the MDSP Platform or MDSP current mechinisms. So maybe some expert can remove my confusions.

1. Right now MDSP cannot support any "Chinese Character" ? For example included in the asset name, aspect name or even the variables name?

2.Right now MDSP cannot support any "Special Character"? Like "[]" included in the aspect name or variables name?

3.Right now MDSP cannot support the aspects where include the  variables with the same name but different PLC address?

I'm not sure whether it's the platform problem or our developing program.

Thanks and Regards

Magica.

2 REPLIES

Re: Which cases MindConnect Lib cannot support

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
For asset names we currently support UTF8MB4, that means that we generally also support Chinese symbols. However, we are very restrictive when it comes to aspect names:
- Asset Names: Regular Expression of allowed characters: [^\/\\]* - all characters except for \ and /
- Aspect Names: Regular Expression of allowed characters: [a-zA-Z0-9_] – alphanumerical characters and underscore
- Variable Names: Regular Expression of allowed characters: [a-zA-Z0-9_] – alphanumerical characters and underscore

Can you provide some further details on what you mean with the third point? I am not sure I understand.

Hope this helps already.
David

Re: Which cases MindConnect Lib cannot support

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi David,

@dvidflrmnd Thanks much for your kindly reply,which helps me a lot.

1.As you said, Variables cannot include Chinese character as well as special characters like"[]”,MindSphere only support purely alphanumerical characters and underscore?

Because as for onsite PLC data source, most PLCs will include data type "Array", which will incude[] for each array variable.

2.As for the 3rd point, I mean one aspect cannot support two variables of PLC(The same variable name but different PLC address). For example: Tag1, DB1.DBD0 <--->Tag1,DB2.DBD0.

//I am not sure whether I am fully understood now.

Thanks so much.