Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

3D Animation Problems.

Hi, I have a 3D Model in which I used a Material Flow Object i.e. Converter to Transfer Entity from a Line Conveyor to another Line Conveyor (at height). My 2D Animation is working perfect. But I am facing some major problems with the 3D part: 1). When the Entity is transferred from one Conveyor to another through the Converter in 3D, the Entity get rotated by 90 degree which is not desirable. How can I control this rotation? 2). I want to use a State Object for the Converter showing the Up position. I can see the movement in the Sub-frame in 3D viewer but this Motion isa not getting reflected in my Main Frame of the Model. How can I model it to the Main Frame? Please also guide me for the Animation of the State Object. Please note that my Model is Frame by Frame structured.
8 REPLIES

Re: 3D Animation Problems.

Hello Ravi,

This problem it’s simple to solve, there's 2 ways to do that, the first one is to manage the 2D icon to match the 3D object, and, the second one is the opposite, managing the 3D object to match the 2D icon.

Please, take a look at the example attached.

Best Regards,

Paulo Araujo

Best Regards,
Paulo Araujo

Hi Paulo,

Sorry to say but I am not able to open the example sent by you. It says it was prepared with Non-Commercial License and I cannot open it with the Commercial License.

Please suggest how to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Ravi

Hi Paulo, Please write me the content of the Entrance Control of both the Lines. Thanks, Ravi

Hello Ravi,

the converter is supposed to rotate MUs if they exit it at a side and have entered it a the front or back (or vice versa).

This should also be the case in the 2D model (I suppose that you didn't see that since you spoke about an entity - the entity default icon is point symmetric so unless you have changed the icon you won't recognize that it is actutally rotated in 2D, too).

I you don't want this to happen I would suggest to replace the converter by a simple conveyor.

I hope, this was helpful.

Best regards,

Peter Komarek

[ Edited ]

Sorry Ravi, i was doing some tests with the educational license, but now, take a look at this model.

Best Regards,
Paulo Araujo

Hi All,

I accept that the Converter has a property to rotate the MUs. But is their any way to overrule this property. Poulo, I thank you for the solution provided by you as I overcame most of the bugs in my Model using this solution.

I am attaching a small model which has a bug of Rotation of MUs when it moves left to bottom through Converter. Please provide me a solution to this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi 

Ravi,

Take a look at the model attached, it is a possible solution for your case.

Best Regards,
Paulo Araujo

Hi Paulo,

It is indeed a solution. But it is not functionally correct.

I used Converter because it lifts the MU and transfer it laterally to other Material Flow Object. So, is the case with my Model. If you look carefully, the conveyor on the Side is higher than on the incoming flow.

Is there any way to solve this problem using Converter?

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi