Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Factorycad to 3dCAD

I am having a problem exporting the FactoryCad file out to 3d AutoCAD. I tried using
the "Save Detailed Proxy Graphics" but it is not working for me. All I want to do
is see if I can bring FactoryCAD into GoogleSketchup, so that is why I want factorycad
in 3D Autocad.
Can anyone help?
Thanks,
Pearleen
1 REPLY

Re: Exporting Factorycad to 3dCAD

Hi Pearleen
I am not sure if you can bring in an AutoCAD drawing into GoogleSketchup. As a simple
experiment, you could creating a simple AutoCAD drawing (containing a few lines,
circles and 3d solids) and then see if you can bring it into GoogleSketchup.
The "Save Detailed Proxy Graphics" command is useful if you want to share AutoCAD/FactoryCAD
data in a dwg format with other users who have AutoCAD, but do not have FactoryCAD.
After they have made modifications you could take their drawing and open it up in
AutoCAD/FactoryCAD *without* losing any FactoryCAD related information for the objects.
At this time, you have given me very little information as to what is not working
with this command. Does the command not run at all ?? Does the command not save
any 2d/3d graphics ?? Therefore, I don't know what to suggest to you.
Alternately you could "explode" the drawing to AutoCAD entities and then save the
drawing as a dwg before trying to open/export it to GoogleSketchup. Please look
at the help documentation for the commands "Explode all Factory Objects to 2d" or
"Explode all Factory Objects to 3d".
Regards
Deepak

"Pearleen" wrote:
>
>I am having a problem exporting the FactoryCad file out to 3d AutoCAD. I tried
>using
>the "Save Detailed Proxy Graphics" but it is not working for me. All I want
>to do
>is see if I can bring FactoryCAD into GoogleSketchup, so that is why I want
>factorycad
>in 3D Autocad.