Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Factory CAD and Factory Flow ver 8.0

Team:
I have just been informed that the much anticipated Factory CAD and Factory Flow version 8.0 has been released. Our customers should be getting their copies in the mail in the next couple of weeks or so - depending on how quickly our Distribution department can manufacture the CDs.
This version of the Factory products has a whole host of new features. Most notably, Factory CAD has a brand new XML System Builder, Library Manager, Clearance detection, and numerous usability enhancements in the tool in general. Let's not forget the DIRECT import of UG, Parasolid and JT data into our XML object. Truly, this is the BEST there is, for 3D factory modeling.
With Factory Flow, we've enhanced calculations resulting in over 60% reduction in calculation speeds. Also, with the ability to selectively perform calculations on user selected part numbers, and it's brand new reports, this new version is very cool.
Regards
Shree Moorthy
3 REPLIES

Re: Factory CAD and Factory Flow ver 8.0

Shree,
Does Factory CAD read native Solid Edge Assemblies yet?
I know there is JT output that can be read in, but wondered if there was a direct read option yet.
Tony.
"Shree Moorthy" wrote in message news:3f297484@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
Team:
I have just been informed that the much anticipated Factory CAD and Factory Flow version 8.0 has been released. Our customers should be getting their copies in the mail in the next couple of weeks or so - depending on how quickly our Distribution department can manufacture the CDs.
This version of the Factory products has a whole host of new features. Most notably, Factory CAD has a brand new XML System Builder, Library Manager, Clearance detection, and numerous usability enhancements in the tool in general. Let's not forget the DIRECT import of UG, Parasolid and JT data into our XML object. Truly, this is the BEST there is, for 3D factory modeling.
With Factory Flow, we've enhanced calculations resulting in over 60% reduction in calculation speeds. Also, with the ability to selectively perform calculations on user selected part numbers, and it's brand new reports, this new version is very cool.
Regards
Shree Moorthy

Tony,
Other than jt (Direct Model) read and write, Factory CAD currently reads in prt (UG) files, xt (Parasolid) files, and wrl (VRML). We're have plans to read in Solid Edge data; but it is not there yet.
Regards,
Shree Moorthy
"Tony Jolly" wrote in message news:40459043@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
Shree,
I know there is JT output that can be read in, but wondered if there was a direct read option yet.
Tony.
"Shree Moorthy" wrote in message news:3f297484@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
Team:
Regards
Shree Moorthy

In Factory CAD v 9, support was added to read SolidEdge and convert to xml
objects using the same import parasolid command from v 8. We read SolidEdge
par, psm, pwd, and asm files.

"Tony Jolly" wrote in message
news:40459043@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
Shree,
I know there is JT output that can be read in, but wondered if there was a
direct read option yet.
Tony.
"Shree Moorthy" wrote in message
news:3f297484@bbsnotes.ugs.com...
Team:
I have just been informed that the much anticipated Factory CAD and Factory
Flow version 8.0 has been released. Our customers should be getting their
copies in the mail in the next couple of weeks or so - depending on how
quickly our Distribution department can manufacture the CDs.
This version of the Factory products has a whole host of new features. Most
notably, Factory CAD has a brand new XML System Builder, Library Manager,
Clearance detection, and numerous usability enhancements in the tool in
general. Let's not forget the DIRECT import of UG, Parasolid and JT data
into our XML object. Truly, this is the BEST there is, for 3D factory
modeling.
With Factory Flow, we've enhanced calculations resulting in over 60%
reduction in calculation speeds. Also, with the ability to selectively
perform calculations on user selected part numbers, and it's brand new
reports, this new version is very cool.
Regards
Shree Moorthy