Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to do a robot simulation with precise route and speed?

Creator
Creator

I use the Process Simulation software.And for the precise route part,I can insert many locations during the motion,which will restrict the motion precisely.However,this would make the motion become intermittent.As you konw,it will start from one location and stop at another location,it keeps starting and stopping.That's not I want.I want a kind of motion that will go continuously and smoothly and with precise speed(maybe not that precise,but at least I can define the how long time it will go on).How can I do it in this software?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to do a robot simulation with precise route and speed?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I think it's better to ask in TX Robotics forum.

But in general to avoid stopping in location you need to set Zone for each via location in the path (except first and last). Zone defines interpolation (distance between actual trajectory and theoretical location). Actual robot cannot change direction immediately it it moves, so if you want it to go precisely through location, it has to stop to change direction.

Try setting zone to "nodecel". Also I'm not sure that it works with default controller. Maybe you'll have to use an appropriate controller like KUKA KRC etc.

Regards, Vladimir.

Creator
Creator

Thanks very much.But I’m not sure if I can do it,I'm  not familiar with  the Zone parameter.Tomorrow I’ll have a try.

Creator
Creator

The motion is better now,but I need to have a further try.It's still not exactly what I want.

Thanks for your nice!

Creator
Creator

In fact,I want to do a simulation like this in the first video,except the intermittent motions.So I thought the Circ Motion Type might be helpful.However,I don't know how to define parameters of the circle that the TCP go around with.Note the arc is wrong in the second video.How can I modify it?

(view in My Videos)
(view in My Videos)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi!

Motion type defines form of trajectory. You can use circular, but note that you need 3 locations for interpolation to work (2 or 4 will not do the trick). But even with circular motion robot may stop at locations.

You need to define zone attribute in Path Editor. See the video attached - I used PTP motion with coarse zone. Note that TCP does not go through location exactly.

Also see the note from help (Robot -> Teach Pandant):

" Zone:

Determines the precision by which the robot's TCPF reaches intermediate locations as it performs motioncommands. Intermediate locations (via locations) are those through which the robot passes without stopping. These are all of the locations except the last location in a path, as well as all the locations where, when reached by the robot, a delay or wait command is specified. The numeric values of the different zones are defined in the robot parameters.e file under the robot .cojt component directory. The following values are available:

• fine: The simulation is performed with exact robot reach and full stop.
  • medium
  • coarse
  • nodecel: Optimal performance. The simulation is performed in a smooth flowing motion.

(view in My Videos)

Regards, Vladimir.

Creator
Creator

Ok, but I’ve tried to use three locations to define the circle track,then it just stopped moving.Anyway,your video shows me that there is a possibility that circle motion is gonna work.Thanks.