cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset random number stream of a failure

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I have made an simulation model that only needs to reset the random number stream of a failure after one replication of my experiment has run. I can reset the random number stream of my singleproc or of my distribution functions, however, I can't find the random number stream of a failure profile.

How do I reset my failure profile so that it generates the same failure profile every new experiment. 

Kind Regards,

Peter Scholten 

2 REPLIES

Re: How to reset random number stream of a failure

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What do you mean when you say that you can reset the random number stream of a SingleProc. I don't see how you can do that, and I don't see a reason why you would want to do it.

When you reset the event controller, all random number streams of all objects inside the Frame will automatically be reset. As long as the Random Numbers Variant of the event controller does not change, the same failures will be generated.

Are you talking about the attribute RandomSeed? This attribute affects the failure profiles too. But you should not change it for different experiments. Instead use a different Random Numbers Variant in the event controller. This will change all random numbers in the model.

Re: How to reset random number stream of a failure

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reply. I tried to keep the eventcontroller running when a new experiment was starting to run and only reset the failure profile of all machines so that they generate the same failures as the first experiment, without resetting everything else.

In the index of plant simulation I found that every failure profile has its own random number stream. I thought just reset the random number stream of a failure, however, I can't find which random number stream is assigned to which failure profile.

But i decided to completely reset the model now after every experiment.

Kind Regards,

Peter