Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinematics of gripper change after defining object as a gripper tool

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everyone,

When I define an object in my simulation as a gripper the kinematics for this gripper work just fine and I'm having no problems at all. After I do the tool definition for this gripper, so it can clamp products in my plant, my kinematics are completely messed up. The joints that used to work fine are now completely changed and unuseable. Is there a certain order in which I should do the definition for this gripper?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Kinematics of gripper change after defining object as a gripper tool

Pioneer
Pioneer

Can someone help me with this please?

I defined the kinematics for some clamps in my plant. I defined these clamps as grippers and created an open and close pose, so it can be used to clamp a part. I want to change the home pose of the clamps (the position they will be in when I start Process Simulate), but whenever I do this, the kinematics of the gripper are changed and it is unusable in the simulation. I have to reload the clamp from scratch and redefine all the kinematics. This is very time consuming and frustrating. 

What happens is the Open pose it swapped with the Close pose and the Close pose is a completely new pose. Also, the fixed joints of the gripper change to moveable joints, so the clamp won't move in a natural way anymore.

Re: Kinematics of gripper change after defining object as a gripper tool

Pioneer
Pioneer

You have to way to set pose for elements. Please try to set pose when your modeling is open. If you will create the pose only under the cell (with close modeling) then your pose could missing.