Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS stand alone 13.1 crashes upon opening with no error that pops up. 13.0 runs fine ? Any help ?

Experimenter
Experimenter
7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: PS stand alone 13.1 crashes upon opening with no error that pops up. 13.0 runs fine ? Any h

Legend
Legend

I have the same problem. V13.0 works, V13.1 and V14.0 crash during startup.

The problem should be the graphics card driver. I assume you are working with aNvidia graphics card.

Have you made any upgrade to the graphics card driver recently?

Betreff: PS stand alone 13.1 crashes upon opening with no error that pops up. 13.0 runs fine ? Any h

Experimenter
Experimenter
no, I will try next..new system so maybe that will work.I will let you know.

Re: PS stand alone 13.1 crashes upon opening with no error that pops up. 13.0 runs fine ? Any help ?

Experimenter
Experimenter

That did not work? anymore sujestions ??

Re: PS stand alone 13.1 crashes upon opening with no error that pops up. 13.0 runs fine ? Any help ?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

If you have NVIDIA graphic card and one of the latest driver installed you have the two following options:

1. Uninstall driver and use an older driver.

2. Use PS 14.0.2 or later.

Best regards

Patrick

Experimenter
Experimenter
I'm a little busy right now to keep messing with this stuff so I will put this on the back burner for now and try PS 14.02 later.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This is a known error by Siemens.

You can  rollback the nVidia drivers.

This is what Siemans answered:

This issue is related to some OpenGL issue and is already fix in PS14.0.2.

To be able to use the latest NVIDIA drivers in PS14.0 or PS14.0.1 you can try the following workarounds:

Problem:

The crash is reproduced with drivers that support OpenGL version higher than 4.5

Workarounds:

Option 1: define an environment variable:

Variable: JT_OGL45

Value: 1

Option 2: Modify the registry value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Tecnomatix\TUNE\NewAssembler\Options\Performance\DMOpenGLVersion from 0 to 450 (Decimal)

You should do the same for other configurations NewAssemblerTC, NewViewer, RobotExpert

The common to both WA options users is to configure PS as if the user explicitly specified to use OpenGL acceleration 4.5 instead of the highest supported. See image attached

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank You for the help, I will definatlly give this a try when I get the chance.. I'm swamped right now and dont have time to try yet..