Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part appearance and material flow in PLC controlled simulation

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everyone,

I need to control a simulation with a virtual PLC. I can't quite understand how material flow and part appearance works in a PLC controlled simulation. I get that you have to create links in the sequence editor and link parts to operations in the material flow viewer, but how does this work in PLC mode. I know that the transitions (links) in the sequence editor won't be used as the simulation will completely be controlled by a PLC. So how does this work in a PLC controlled situation?

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Part appearance and material flow in PLC controlled simulation

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

You need to link your parts in Standard Mode e.g. with a Non_Sim Operation.

Under the control tab you will find an option to "create non-sim start signals". This start signal you need to use in PLC mode to start the non-sim operation and to generate the part.

With the Material Flow Viewer you define the flow. e.g. you add a second non-sim to material flow viewer, link from the first one to the second one.

As long as the start signal from your 2nd non-sim will remain FALSE the appearance is kept in the simulation, when its TRUE the appearance is destroyed.

Best regards

Patrick

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the reply Patrick! 

Is it possible to automatically attach the parts to a resource after it appears in the simulation, or does this happen already?

Creator
Creator

If the resource is GRIPPER type, it could grip the parts.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I created a resource as a gripper. I am trying to create a new gripping operation, but cannot select the gripper I just created as the gripper. Could you tell me how I'm supposed to do this?

Creator
Creator

After you define the resource as a gripper, add logic behavior to the resource, on the Action tab, u can add grip action and define when it should grip the part.

Siemens Phenom

Open your gripper resource for modeling.

Open "tool definition" command.

Select "gripper" as type and define the gripping entities.

End Modeling.

Create a new operation and select the gripper

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for the replies!

Can you tell me what I should use as TCP frame? I read the manual and it litteraly says "In the TCP Frame field, specify the TCP frame for the tool", which doesn't really help me. Also, what should I use as gripping entities. I created a gripper with the kinematics editor and created two positions for the gripper. The gripper is supposed to hold a part in it's place while a welding operation is taking place.

Pioneer
Pioneer

anyone?

Siemens Phenom

You TCP frame should be some frame on your gripper maybe there is a pin that has a frame.

Gripping entities are the entities of your gripper which are in contact with your part your are trying to grip.
In nearly all cases these are the "jaws" ( moveable and fixed side) of your clamps.