Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Simulate 13, attachment viewer relation

Creator
Creator

Hello my friends.

Do you know how to check what is attached to the design? For example I have some design and I have a lot of attachments to this design. I want to delete the design and put the similar new design but I don't know what is attached to this old one. Do you know some option to check that?

2 REPLIES

Re: Process Simulate 13, attachment viewer relation

Legend
Legend

Hello @mlysy

By design, do you mean a Part object? And by attachment, do you mean assignment (like how MFGs are assigned to operations) or really an attachment (using only the attach/detach command)?

If you are trying to update a Part (let's image a product that had a project revision) one thing you can do is to only change the jt file inside the cojt folder of the specific part with the new jt file. By doing this, you're only changing the 3D file without missing any assignment or attachment.

Have you also tried to customized your object tree columns and add the column "Attached to"? It's one way to check attachments that may help you

Regards,

Re: Process Simulate 13, attachment viewer relation

Creator
Creator

Hello FredCastro,

by design I mean metal construction as a table or gripper and by attachment I mean real attachment (as a option attach/detach). I know that exist column "attached to" but the problem is when I have for example 30 appearances attached to the table and I have to change this table, then I have to find all appearances in object tree. Some time this is very hard and it's consuming a lot of time. If I don't notice some of appearances then I have a problem because after loading the cell this appearance is located in at 0 point :/ I would like to find option which will help me if I want to check what is attached to the table. So it should work that I will click on table and it will show me what is attached to this table.