Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Simulate - Edit Multi part appearance ( Edit appearance of selected parts)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello Everyone,

I could not find possibility to edit the CAR PART in MULTIPART APPEARANCE window . I tried to use EDIT APPEARANCE OF SELECED PARTS (Please see attachment), but unfortunately it makes nothing. I do not know is it a mistake from me or SIEMENS did not program it.

Please help me if anyone knows how to edit the CAR PART in the existing APPEARANCE. Except PART all other elements can be easily edited.

Expecting a speedy response.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil 

6 REPLIES

Re: Process Simulate - Edit Multi part appearance ( Edit appearance of selected parts)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

In my case the command works fine.

If haven´t selected a part and you open the MPA dialog, no appearances are shown.

Then from Object Tree -> parts, select a part. If you run the command now and there is nothing shown in MPA dialog then you don´t have an appearance for this part.

So only for the selected Part that has an appearance you can use this command.

Best regards

Patrick

Re: Process Simulate - Edit Multi part appearance ( Edit appearance of selected parts)

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Thanks for replying. I felt from your reply that you are saying that I did not select an appearance to edit. Yes, you are right when you see that attached picture from me. But that I added only to show about the command.

I tried to edit an existing Multipart appearance to change the part. Iit does nothing with that command. Could you please expalin me how can I edit existing appearance by using command Edit appearance of selected parts.

Thanks in advance,

Nikhil

Siemens Phenom

Hello,

As far as I understand the command, "Edit Appearances of Selected parts" will only load an already existing Appearance into the dialog so you can change "Appearance name", "Location", "Relative to", "Operation" or "Primary" attributes of this Appearance.

If you have want to add any new part to your existing Appearance, you have to create a new one using the "Create..." commands.

Best regards

Patrick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

Now you said it. It is not possible to change the part after creating the appearance. All other paramenter can be changed easily and any time.

I personally felt it so bad because at later stage if any change in the part flow structure, then it is a non sense work to delete all appearance in "N" number of appearances and re-create it.I have this situation in my present project and now I have to change each and every appearances(Over 1000 appearances) manually by deleting and re-creating it. Really really non sense and I beliebve Siemens should make it possible to edit in later versions.

Anyways thank you so much for responding.

Regards,

Nikhil

Siemens Phenom

Hi,

I recommend to get in contact with GTAC support and forward your request as Enhancement Request (ER).

Maybe an "Appearance Update Functionality" could be implemented in the future.

Best regards

Patrick 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your support. I would try to conect with Siemens to create an ER.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil