Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read / write data blocks with Process Simulte

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I need to modify some DB informations, like good part or bad part during a simulation.

Is it posible to do that directly with Process Simulate ? Because in the signal panel we only have inputs or outputs.

I use Process Simulate V13.1.1 and a CPU 319F with a Simulation Unit.

Sincerly yours

5 REPLIES

Re: Read / write data blocks with Process Simulte

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello,
I am thinking that, maybe you can use properties sensor. you cam add a property list and name it as good part or bad part for a exact object properties, color, volume, etc. and you can produce the parts with a order for example 3 good part then 1 bad part and then 6 good part in a row then 1 bad part then 5 good part in a row. (I do not think you can make it with a random generator because i did not see a random generator in LB. ( if there is you can trigger a signal with a random generator and connect this signal with part generation.)

But its worth to try i think.
Thanks
Burpee.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your help.

However, i need to modify the value inside of the Step7 Data Block, but in Process Simulate we are only able to create connections with inputs (I10.1) or outputs (Q10.1), and i need to modify Data Block values (like DB10.DBX10.1). Do you have a solution for that ?

Sincerly yours

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Can you explain, a bit more about Data Block? Because think that you mean logic blocks.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

Here some answer from Gal. It´s about TIA and Plcsim Adv but also some information about DBs.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/General-Tecnomatix-Forum/PS-13-1-1-import-DB-s-from-...

Best regards

Patrick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your help!!!

Now i have to convert more than 10000 DB values into IO, but the PLC does not support more than 9999 IO ... :/