Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation time in Process Simulate

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all, 

I am simulating some human operations in Process Simulate. The overall duration is 60 s (i.e. the cycle time in my study) in "standard mode". When switching to "line simulation mode", it becomes greater than 60 s: when the last operation ends, the time shown in the sequence  editor is > 60 s. Do you know why?

Thank you in advance,

Valentina 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Simulation time in Process Simulate

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

As soon as you switch so LineSimulation mode, the Simulation Time is running endless.

Only the "LineOperation" should be activated.

The human operations should be controlled by signals.

The time itself you can stop in PS14.0.2 with the LB function "StopWatch". 

Best regards

Patrick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

thank you for your answer. I think I haven't explained my problem clearly. I have created a sequence of operations ending with a "non sim operation" called "end_sim". I have written a C# code to pause the simulation when the signal "end_sim_end" switches to true. "end_sim_end" should become true after 60s from the first operation, according to the sequence I have built in Standard Mode. However it becomes true after about 65s and I am not able to figure it out.

Best regards,

Valentina

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

Ok this is your own code.

I recommend to use the PS onboard functions first to verify the simulation time.

If you see there is a difference between Standard Mode and Line Simulatio Mode without you own API tool, you can open a ticket for GTAC.

But you said "ending with a non-sim".

Is there any time defined in the non-sim operation?

Best regards

Patrick

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

the difference beetween LSM and SM is the same without my own C# code. Non-sim operations have a 0s (default) duration.

Thank you again,

Valentina