In the pricebook, it said
DXF, IDI IN, IGES & STL IN
(1) So this license only supports these 4 format
DXF, IDI, IGES, stl ?
Is there any other type of file format supported?
(2) Can this be used with PS?
I cannot find any user menu in PS to import any of these 4 formats
(3) If the customer is using CATIA CAD V6 to design fixture, part, how do we convert?
and eventually to import to PS for simulation?
(4) What is the typical practice for PS to import other CAD data?
(5) For PS, only import format is .psz, so how is JT or other CAD data format is imported?
Please advise, thanks!
Solved! Go to Solution.
You can import the formats you mention under the menu:
File - Import/Export - Convert and insert CAD Files
Ïn the dialog you can select "Add" and filter the format you prefer.
Be aware you need to install the correct version of CAD translators as well. It is not installed by default.
.psz is the file format to store only the simulations, the 3D parts / resources are stored (converted) separately as .cojt files.