Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While loading Robcad Cell Error: Prototype not found--instances will be removed

Creator
Creator

While loading Robcad Cell, error mesaage came, Error: Prototype not found--instances will be removed

But when searched in cell for the mentioned .co prototype instance, nothing found. Because of this it is not possible to migrate it to eMserver, it failed with report which contain list of .co prototype not found in cell.

Please suggest how to remove the error message in Robcad cell.

10 REPLIES

Betreff: While loading Robcad Cell Error: Prototype not found--instances will be removed

Legend
Legend

There are two ways to get rid off these messages.

1. Copy the required .co to the desired path in the library or project. (Recommended!)

2. Store the Robcad cell after loading with all the errors. (Not recommended!)

Betreff: While loading Robcad Cell Error: Prototype not found--instances will be removed

Creator
Creator
The Robcad data , I got from vendor, so I don't know the path where the .co to be placed.
Is there any way to find the desired path, where the .co files to be placed?

Legend
Legend

The path where Rocad expects the component is given in the errormessage, isn't it?

Example of the errormessage:

[0] Error: prototype @FOLDER1/FOLDER2/FOLDER3/component.co not found--instances will be removed.

FOLDER1/FOLDER2/FOLDER3/ is the relative path in the library

Creator
Creator

Error MessageSmiley Tonguerotype(name of prototype).co not found--instances will be removed.

Error: cell/component directory (name of prototype).co does not exist(for name pf prototype.co/.wm)

There is no path mentioned in Error message.

Legend
Legend

Then Robcad want to load xxx.co from the project directory. Do you have that component in the project directory?

Creator
Creator

OK, Thanks for support. Now the Error message gone after i placed .co in project directory.

How can i move these .co files from project directory to Library folder because For migration of robcad cell to emserver(PD/PS), all the prototype should be in library folder?

Legend
Legend

You can use the MoveToLibrary command in the Data-Menu.

But please unload the study before you execute it!

Data_MoveToLibrary.png

Creator
Creator

There prototypes are called as sub component in super component, when i see in Tree.

But when i move these component inside library, then the same error message came when i again load the cell.

Legend
Legend

It looks like you have to replace in the super-component the subcomponent with the new library path.

The command connection replace ist your friend!

Connection.png

Before you execute this command, you should make a backup of your supercomponent.

Then start Robcad in the library path of your supercomponent and execute the connection replace command.