Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process control

Creator
Creator

I have two different products.
Let's call them A and B

There are two different stations, StationA and StationB

Product A can only be processed at StationA but product B can be processed at both stations (if for example StationB fails or StationA happens to be free) but the products should in first hand go to their designated stations.
Could someone be so kind to make a simple model of how this is solved the easiest? I seem to make it overly complicated and my sim just stops working at all.

3 REPLIES

Re: process control

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Fanta,

the attached model uses a waituntil.

You could also use a pull control at the two stations where you choose only the parts you want to process at this station.

Regards,

Ralf

Creator
Creator

I'm sorry, I realize now that I did not state the problem specifically enough. The different parts are coming directly from a single proc and not from a transportation - is there anyway to make this work using exit control and method from the single proc, or maybe flow control?

Also, sadly there is part A1 and A2 both going to stationA and B1 and B2 both going first hand to stationB and second hand to stationA. I was just trying to simplify in order to simplfy the solution but I can see now I simply crippled myself by doing this

I'm very curios to use pull and haven't found any good tutorials for that online.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It doens't matter if you use the exit control at a line or a single proc.

Regarding the pull control just load the e'Small Eamples' model from the example collection.

There you can go to category 'Discrete Material Flow' and topic 'Pull Control'.

The two examples should explain how to use the pull control.

Regards,

Ralf