GreenPower Chassis Simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi guys,

I'm looking for advice for when performing analysis on the chassis for the GreenPower chaleenge- can only mesh at the finest mesh type available & won't solve. I downloaded the SolidEdge Files from the GreenPower website. Did anyone have the same problem or insight on how to fix it

All the best

4 REPLIES

Re: GreenPower Chassis Simulation

The chassis is made up of multiple parts, so each part must have a connector between them, so loads are transferred from part to part. If you don't know what I mean by this, then I'll take a few steps back and explain some fundamentals after I hear from you.

Send a screenshot with your reply please.

Kindest regards,

David Haag, M.E.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. 

When you say that there must be a connection between all the parts, do you mean the the "glue function should be selected on the "connectors" tab?

Capture.JPG

Kind Regards,

MC

Yes and are you using solid or shell mesh?

Highlighted

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Can you "inset part copy" the assembly into a part file, which will essentially boolean all parts together? I've not tried this but I think it will work. Then you should be able to do an analysis much easier.

Just out of curiousity, are you doing an FEA to learn or are there breakage concerns? A stock F24 frame is built like a tank...

Kris Kasprzak