Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT 4 Office - Extract HTML attributes for Word doc auto-population

Pioneer
Pioneer

As the HTML file contains the filename of the HTML file:-

<title> my filename </title>

Is it possible to have this auto populate onto the word document?

Could other meta-data be included in the HTML file (e.g. part attributes from the JT file) so that more data could be auto populated?

Cheers,

R.

4 REPLIES 4

Betreff: JT 4 Office - Extract HTML attributes for Word doc auto-population

Legend
Legend

Hello @rosswoodward,

the metadata is still there, also in the html file.

But it is not supported at the newer versions of html generated with JT2Go.

Last known one from me is version 11.2...1.

If you wish I can send you the setup.

But I have not tested if this is possible to view with the newer JT2Go for Office App.

Best Regards

Wolfgang

Re: JT 4 Office - Extract HTML attributes for Word doc auto-population

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Data is not auto-populated at the time of load.  The add-in allows users to create content in the document manually - auto creation is out of scope for the add-in.

As far as part properties - the data is not included in the html page that is generated.  Again the scope of the plug-in was to allow users to view jt data and access PMI/Model Views.   Adding part properties would be an enhancement and could significantly increase the size of the html file generated.  This would be another case of checking with Product Management on this topic.

Legend
Legend

Sorry if I was not clear enough it was possible to show the part and asm names in version 11.2...JT2Go_11_2_HTML_export.PNG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks (Wolfgang & Rick)

Meta-data mapping would be really useful and avoid basic typo's when generating documentation,even if the mapping could done back to the JT file via the 'JTCMD' and copy/paste the the url in some way.

Cheers,

R.